When planning your visit to the Queen Mary Tea Room, we have provided some helpful tips to ensure that your event is a memorable one. Please read through the guidelines below and feel free to call us with any questions or special needs.
- Your reservations are for a set period of time:
- 2 hours for parties up to 6.
- 2 hours and 30 minutes for parties of 7 and more.
- Parties of up to 10 guests can be taken at any time.
- Parties of 11 or more are taken at the last seating of the day and require a $250 non-refundable deposit. This deposit will be applied to your bill on the day of your reservation. Parties of 11 or more are required to order the Afternoon Tea. Breakfast and lunch are not available.
- Any party which remains in the restaurant after 7PM will be charged a room rental fee of $75 per half hour.
- Reservations are accepted only for full meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Tea).
- Available options are:
- Everyone orders Lunch
- Everyone orders Afternoon Tea
- A mix of Lunch and Afternoon Tea
- For parties of 6 or more:
- Guests are allowed to decrease the number of their party up until 72 hours prior to their reservation. Changes made within the 72 hour window prior to their reservation will be assessed a $10 per person no show fee.
Arrival and Seating
- Your coats will be checked before entering the dining room.
- Your gifts will be stored in our back room until after your meal.
- Advise us in advance if you need separate checks. Checks may be split up to four ways.
- Please let us know how many children you will have with you.
- Note: High chairs are not available.
- Outside food or drink is not allowed except in the case of health-related reasons. Please advise us in advance of any such special needs.
- We will put tables together with as many settings as necessary.
- There will be breaks in the tables for parties over 10 guests.
- There are no round tables.
- Please keep party favors to a minimum (no glitter or confetti).
- Note: The entire tea room can be rented for up to 3 hours and 30 minutes during after-hours for a $500 room rental fee. Please call us for more information.
We also have a few rules for our visiting Princesses and Princes...
- A tiara or crown will be provided for the guest of honor.
- For larger parties, if you wish to have all the children wear a tiara or crown, feel free to bring your own (we have a limited supply).
- Children can choose between tea, cocoa or juice.
- Beverages will be served at reduced temperature depending on the age of the children.
- Coloring sheets and crayons are available for children of all ages.
- For the enjoyment of all, we ask that all children remain seated and use their inside voices.
- Note: We cannot provide separate tables for the parents.